Akshaya Tritiya History and importance
Hindus celebrate Akshaya Tritiya as one of the most sacred and auspicious days. This day is believed to be the day that all things will succeed. This day is therefore symbolic of luck, success, and fortune.
When is Akshaya Tritiya celebrated
Akshaya Tiriyaya is celebrated every third day of Shukla paksha or Chitra month of Tamil after Amavasya’s third day; This falls within the month of April according to the Gregorian Calendar. This day is when the Sun and moon are believed to be at their best. This day is also called ‘Akha Teej.
What is Akshaya Tiriyaya?
Sanskrit’s Akshaya means “something that never ends” or “eternal in nature”. Akshaya Tritiya is a symbol of good fortune and auspiciousness. This day is a good time to buy gold, make major life decisions, or even move. This is because such decisions or purchases are likely to yield results.
“The Akshaya pathra is a inexhaustible vessel, feeding will never diminish, same like our wealth also stay in our home”
What does Akshaya Tritiya mean?
This day is highly auspicious for those who buy gold and silver. buy rice, deposit money in a bank account, buy any kind of new things or vessels visiting famous temples, donating foods or special offer for poor peoples, or helping poor children for there education fees ,all are good signs for akshaya tritya.
The Goddess will bless you with prosperity and wealth if you invest in silver or gold on this day. This is an important Akshaya Tiriyaya meaning that you should know.
You don’t need a muhurta if you plan to perform Griha Pravesh this day. The new house can be entered at any hour of the day. Donating to charity on this day can also bring positive results in the donor’s life. You can also start your own business on Akshaya Tiriyaya. It will flourish. People also give cows to their children on this day to cleanse themselves of sins.
It is also considered sacred to chant Lord Vishnu’s name, observe fasts, or follow spiritual or religious beliefs on this day. Many people pray to Lord Vishnu or his beloved Goddess Lakshmi to receive their divine blessings.
Significance Of Akshaya Tritiya
- Kritayugam was born on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- The Ganges first touched the earth on the day of the Atsya Tritiya.
- During the exile, the Pandavas received the role of Atsaya on the day of Atsaya Tiruthi.
- Atsaya Tiruthi got the role of Manimegalai Atsaya only on the day.
- The ‘Pavishyottara-Purana’ describes in detail the significance and glory of Atsya Tritiya.
- Aishwarya Lakshmi and Tanya Lakshmi incarnations took place on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- Kuberan received the financial urns on the day of the Atsya Tritiya.
- Lord Shiva came to Annapurna as a Pitsadana and received Yasakam on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- Parasuramar, the 6th incarnation of Vishnu, appeared on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- Rohini is very, very special to Atsya Tritiya coming on Star Day.
- Vyasa taught the Mahabharata to Ganesha on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- In the North, it is considered sacred to marry Atsaya Tiruthi on a daily basis.
- The Jats, who are prevalent in Haryana and Punjab, go to the fields every day without forgetting the Atsaya Tiruthi.
- Atsaya Tiruthi is a holy day for the Jains.
- North Indians start their long pilgrimage on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- Atsya Tritiya Day is considered to be the best day to build a house and dig a well in Orissa.
- Paddy sowing in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh will start on Atchaya Thiruthi day.
- Annapurna, the Goddess of Food, appeared on the auspicious day of Atsya Tritiya.
- Even those who cannot afford to buy gold on Atsya Tritiya can buy salt. Get the benefits of buying gold.
- The Puranas say that Brahma created the world on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- Legend has it that Sundareswarar married Madurai Meenakshi on the day of Atsya Tritiya.
- On the 3rd day of the new moon the Aditya Guru to the 3rd number of the Atsya Tritiya, this Guru represents gold in metal. Hence the Guru also has the name `Ponnan ‘. This is why buying gold on the day of the Atsya Tritiya gets special.
- He will tell another reason to Atsya Tritiya. That is, the name ‘Atsatai’ for whole unbroken whole rice. Percentage also means not being beaten and disabled. Legend has it that the name ‘Atsaya Tiruthi’ was given to Tithi because he worshiped Atsaya Madhusudana.
Upcoming Dates For akshya tritiya
2022 3rd may tuesday
2023 22nd april saturday
2024 10th may friday
2025 30th april sunday